Introducing Lottery Groups
In response to concerns expressed in recent Housing Lottery surveys regarding the practice of randomly assigning Lottery Numbers by class year, RLH has created a new system to distribute Lottery Numbers. While still random by group, instead of fitting into one of three classes (Rising Sophomore, Rising Junior, or Rising Senior), students now can earn their way into one of 10 different Lottery Groups.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
Your Lottery Group is calculated by totaling the points earned based upon the following factors:
- Course Credits Earned to Date: Students receive 1 lottery credit per equivalent year of academic progress. Students with a normal course load earn 8 credits per year, so the Course Credits Earned point total is calculated by dividing the total number of course credits you have earned to date and dividing that number by 8.
- Years in Housing: Students receive 1 lottery credit per equivalent year of on-campus Clark housing. The Years in Housing credit total is calculated by dividing the total number of semesters you have lived in housing and dividing that number by 2.
- 2012 Summer Assignment List Bonus: Students who were automatically assigned by RLH following the 2012-2013 Housing Lottery have received a 1 credit bonus for their participation on the 2012 Summer Assignment List. Students who elect to be assigned to the 2013 Summer Assignment List BEFORE LOTTERY will be awarded 2 bonus credits in next year's (2014) Housing Lottery.
- Spring 2013 Return from Abroad Bonus: As a loyalty benefit, students who elect to return to Clark Housing after attending a FALL study abroad program are awarded 2 bonus credits in the Housing Lottery.
- Judicial Good Standing Bonus: Students currently in good judicial standing (are not actively on Disciplinary Probation) are awarded 1 bonus credit in the Housing Lottery.
- Academic Good Standing Bonus: Students currently in good academic standing (are not actively on Disciplinary Probation) are awarded 1 bonus credit in the Housing Lottery.
ABOUT LOTTERY GROUPS
After we add up all your lottery credits, your total credits assign you to a Lottery Group. Lottery Groups are assigned as follows:
- Lottery Group 1: 0-1.99 Credits
- Lottery Group 2: 2-2.99 Credits
- Lottery Group 3: 3-3.99 Credits
- Lottery Group 4: 4-4.99 Credits
- Lottery Group 5: 5-5.99 Credits
- Lottery Group 6: 6-6.99 Credits
- Lottery Group 7: 7-7.99 Credits
- Lottery Group 8: 8-8.99 Credits
- Lottery Group 9: 9-9.99 Credits
- Lottery Group 10: 10+ Credits
Lottery Numbers are generated within each Lottery Group on Monday, April 8th, one week prior to Housing Lottery. Lottery Group 10 receives the lowest (best) numbers, and numbers are randomly assigned within the other groups ending with the highest numbers being assigned to Lottery Group 1.